dania


Yay! I finished another mixed media piece.
Again, it was experimental, and full of learning.
This one includes a photocopy transfer, drawing/writing and collage, as well as painting. It includes a bit of a background technique I read about in Claudine Helmuth's book which includes the use of vaseline. I don't think it worked like it was meant to work, but in either case I like the way it turned out, considerin how much learning went into it.
6"x6" canvas
Any thoughts, or advice? I look forward to comments!

3 comments:

Curious Servant said...

I lke how the red and blue interact.

I think I can see where the vaseline came in.

It has been a very long time since I tried mixed media.

Anonymous said...

Looks like FIRE!! This one is really cool. (or hot).

Sr. Fab said...

Hey, that is a pretty cool and interesting mixed media piece! It's like a mashup for art. Oh and the picture of Dania in her St. Henry's uniform brings back some memories too.