sketching the boys


















I sketched Phoenix the other day, while he was doing his homework. It turned out to be a pretty good drawing session for me.
I was reminded of how good it is to draw from a "live" model, and one that moves as much as him makes for some pretty short poses, and some pretty challenging angles, and that is always nice to incorporate, plus it helps me capture a moment in time because "Everyday Matters" as I've learned form Danny Gregory.

Willik,, I drew the day after.
He was in trouble, and therefore sitting on his own, quietly. It was easier to draw, though I don't think it was as good of a drawing. when out of trouble, and he went and drew too.

Journaling my boys with sketches is a great gift I've been given, and I need to do it more often!

No comments: