create where and when you can

Ever since we've been house hunting, I have not been able to finish my art projects, or start any new ones. It's a bit disappointing, cause I'd done several city scenes and was close to finishing another one, and had even been commissioned by Andrew from Graffiti 2 to do a few of Mott Haven for him. I have not forgotten, and I will get them done as soon as we get settled in, but alas, life in transition means you put aside some things to get others done that have come into the "front burner".
The thing is, as an artist, not doing any kinda drawing or anything starts to affect my mental health, and my brain screams for some creativity.

Yesterday was Phoenix's birthday. To celebrate, we took him to the cemetery, which he'd been asking to go to for months. You can read more about that whole event on Fabio's blog.
Anyway, as suggested by Susan, we brought paper and crayons(pastels and charcoal are already packed) along to do some rubbings at the tomb stones.
That turned out to be a nice creative activity for the boys and I. (Fabio t
ook photos) Because of this, I felt like a tiny part of my creative soul was satisfied.
Here are are rubbings and
some photos(click on each to see it bigger)...

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey!
The Chinese one is upside down, just letting you know!
The rubbings look good!
Hope this comment gets posted!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Some great designs that we don't normally get to look at up close. I'm glad we've got a child that begs to go to the cemetery! :)

Gláucia Mir said...

thanks Stace. I will fix it tomorrow. I thing I scanned it upside down, and forgot to double check the orientation.

Stacey said...

I actually think it's Korean now that I'm really inspecting it. And yay for being able to post a comment!!! Finally!

Gláucia Mir said...

okay Stacey, I corrected the rubbing. Now it's right side up.
You're right about the Korean, because there are a few of those "o" looking characters...

Curious Servant said...

Thank you.

I did my best.

It has been a year... I tried.

Perhaps I can now rest... move on... single parent...

Thank you for your prayers.

I will need them as we adjust.