last few sketches



Drawing well takes practice. I've always known that, and when I was in school, especially the first 2 years of college, we had several classes in which we would draw from the model, or draw from still life set-ups.
These days, I have to make sure I'm getting practice.
Drawing at church, or some other meeting or training sessions, works out for me as one of the best times to practice. And many times, these drawings can become part of a bigger project.




Not only that, but if I have sketchbook in hand, and I can jot a few notes down, it heps me to
remember more of what the sermon, or meeting was about.
Even if you don't draw regularly, you should try keeping a sketchbook with you at all times. You never know when you might find a chance to sketch. And just taking the time to really look will make each of us better artists!
Let me know what you're drawing!





1 comment:

omly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you are interested in making hats and socks for your boys, I would recommend starting with hats. They will get you comfortable working in the round, which you will need when you move on to socks. This is my favorite basic hat pattern, especially for boys or men. (An excellent basic sock pattern for kids is linked in the same post you commented to.)