September ATCs















This was a first. I just recently learned what an ATC is (Artist Trading Cards) and although artists have been exchanging these for some time, this is my first time even making one. I made 3 by the end.
I listen to a wonderful podcast called Creative Mom Podcast. If you are creative and have kids in your life, even if you're not a mom, you will enjoy listening!
It was thru this podcast that I first considered making some atcs. The artist/moms that listen to Amy have formed a community and often exchange their latest artwork and comments at flickr, and they exchange atcs as well.
So I decided to try it this month for the first time. The theme, for the atc's was "signs". Here are the 3 ideas that came to mind when I read the theme. Tomorrow I will mail out one of these to the person who is to receive one from me. I'm looking forward to receiving someone else's work soon!
All in all, I had fun doing these, cause since they are small, it didn't take me long, and it does wonders for the sense of accomplishment!
For me, the thought process was that I need to be reminded, possibly with signs to "make more art".

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's a really neat idea Glaucia. It makes me happy that you can do something like that!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your story about these cards... and the last line, especially... about needing to be reminded to make more art. This series is wonderful, and I'm so thrilled that you sent me the road signs one! I love it!