30 faces - i finished it!

So, I finally finished this a couple days ago! And it feels great! It's one of those paintings which I learned alot from, and I'm happy with, and so it's a success already, no matter what.
I learned about a limited palette, as well as broader strokes. I learned about acrylic and texture, as well as how not drawing first can affect a painting positively and negatively. It's an exciting new phase for me.
Also, today I scored a great deal. I bought some 50-60 tubes and jars of acrylic paints plus mediums, used of course, for just $70. This about triples what I had in paints, and gives me the freedom to continue to experiment! It's a great feeling! Thank goodness for craigslist!

11x14 acrylics on linen canvas pad







I also finished another drawing...
This one is on the moleskine, with the gray pitt pens and then ending with the sepia for the background.

1 comment:

Lu said...

wow! your creations are very nice.