30 faces no.16

At the risk of sounding like I think myself the greatest, here's another one of me.
If anything, it's actually the opposite, because as you will note, I wouldn't say it's a particularly flattering view, but rather a distorted look, from a weird angle. I love the picture, taken by my husband, and thought that it would work out well for this medium.
Please forgive the flash-like aspects of reflection. This is done in a clay coated scratchboard, where I've used a fine dipping/scratching pen, to reveal the silver/white lines. The surface is semi shiny, and when light was on it, for the picture, it reflected it back.
I plan on doing some more work on it, but I like it enough at this point to post it.
Happy scratching!

5 comments:

Na said...

i love it. what kind of hat are you wearing? this is really aesthetically appealing.

kpjara said...

Uber-Cool!

Gláucia Mir said...

it's actually not a hat, but my hair; but because it's not well defined in the photo, it lends itself to look like a hat or a hood. :)

Erin said...

Wow... you're really trying some cool medium!

When you have a chance, could you email me your postal address. Thanks :)

owenswain said...

The chance lighting is cool.