30 faces no.19

This one was fun and quick...
A couple weeks ago, my oldest son, who's in Kindergarten, told me about a technique they'd used in art class, with oil pastels and watercolor, and it was magic, because the watercolor didn't go where the pastels were. I told him we could do that at home too, cause I had the supplies. Finally, today we found our chance.
So, I made a face, of course. Just any face. Nobody's face. I like how it turned out, but I wish I had used a darker color for the oil pastels.
This was done on canson watercolor paper with crayola watercolor and generic oil pastels.
Try it!











Willik is really into racecars...











Phoenix is still just making shapes and colors, and I do love his colors...

4 comments:

Na said...

your kids drawings are sooooooooo precious and soo sweet. i love it. it brightened my wretched night.

and..

your face that u did is awesome.. i love the techinique, i'd like to try it myself sometime. and that dude you made up is handsome.

owenswain said...

Wonderful. Haven't done this since grade school myself. I should.

Verna Vogel said...

love this post!
kids + art is almost always such a great mix

Know what else you can do with the watercolour/oil pastel technique? You can draw on white paper with a white pastel, then when you put the watercolour over it you will see your drawing...

:)

Gláucia Mir said...

thanks for the tip, Verna. I will have to try it with them!!