30 faces no.6

Yesterday, I decided to do a self-portrait. An unflattering one at that since I was looking down into a the mirror on a table.
This was done straight with a Pitt Brush Marker, so it also was a one shot deal, with no erasing. I like that challenge. It makes you look more carefully!
I got into a discussion with my husband. He thought a self-portrait with the mirror was the hardest, but I think a self-portrait, in general, is the easiest and best, because you don't have anyone to please but yourself!
I still need photos, so if you'd like me to draw someone you love, or yourself, send me a photo ASAP.
Also, I've finally used my sister's scanner (thanks Rock) and scanned all the past drawings, so now they are much better to look at.

5 comments:

Na said...

i like this one a lot. i love the pitt brush marker look.

andi love your facial expression.

Sr. Fab said...

Wow, what a collection of drawings you are putting together in one month! I can't wait to see them all.

kpjara said...

Wow! I'm always so impressed when I see a drawing done with no erasing! It reminds me of those 30-60 second sketches. Mine take more like 5-10 minutes!

Really nice drawing.

Erin said...

I like this alot, but don't think it looks much like you. Reminds me of a very funny, slightly rude episode of the Golden Girls, which I won't elaborate on :)

So glad that you're having fun with this, and involving the whole family. What better outcome could happen?!

owenswain said...

I am glad you have taken the challenge of the no turning back approach. It is absolutely liberating and as this is about fun and process it is not vital that the end result "look like" whomever. Draw on. I'll be posting mine shortly. It is a straight to paper with a battered ink pen. No pencil. Slam.