Every Day In May - seventeen

That's me. Croquill pen, with sepia ink, staring at a mirror.
This is my new "boy"haircut. Most of the time, it looks like this, and sometimes, I spike it up. Soon there will be a picture or painting of the spiked up version.
I enjoy drawing myself. Not because I'm so good-looking, but because I think it's a good subject, in that I have no one to please but myself, plus, it's a ready model. I don't need anything but a mirror.
Rembrandt painted tons of self-portraits. I can only hope to be as prolific, and achieve such skill.

On another note, I am disappointed with the particular sketchbook I am using at this time. It's not a moleskine, and boy does it show!
I really am surprised at how thin the paper is and how the signatures don't match up, and don't flatten out very well, as you can see from this drawing and it's scan. I need to keep drawing in it to finish it up, but it's kinda thick. I really cannot do any color wash in it, or it will go thru to the next page.

I think I will do a it more on this drawing, but I'm most sure what.
I like it even now. Any suggestions?

No comments: