Everyday in May - Fourteen

Victory is mine!
I think I'm done. I think I like it.
Looking at it here, in this small version, makes me like it more.
I finally had enough time, and mustered energy enough to finish it. It was a fun process. Lots of new aspects for me in this. From the collage of chinese newspaper with gel medium, to the glazed, layered acrylic style, it's been full of experimentation as well as learning.
Believe it or not, though I have drawn Fabio many times, this is the first time I painted him, even though we've been married 8 years. I attempted to paint him before, but just didn't get it done. So this finished project is satisfying for that reason as well.

2 comments:

Sr. Fab said...

Fabio's hair makes his look like a Romand emperor or ancient Greek.

Anonymous said...

I like this one a lot! You've captured the essential Fabio! :)

He looks very noble.

Can't wait for more.

sus