the joy of visual journaling

For the first time today, I chaperoned in Willik's class, for a trip to Colden Center, at Queens College, for a play of Max & Ruby.
It was just a short walk from his school, with just the 2 kindergarten classes.
While we waited for the play to start, I took the opportunity to draw this very animated and talkative lady, who I believe was a teacher from some other school.
It definitely wasn't a thorough drawing, but I felt good that I took the opportunity to do so.
So here's that quick drawing.
The everyday sketching, which I continue to try to do, is one of the most effective and joyous parts of my artistic life. I love it that I'm really journaling for the first time in my life, keeping an acurate and memorable account of my life as I really live it.

Previous attempts at journaling always started with great emphasis, only to be terminated by the reality that I'm not much of a writer, and just wasn't very good at keeping the habit. This kinda visual journaling means so much more, and is so effortless, that my only hindrance is how I spend my time, or sometimes being afraid of not doing it "right".

1 comment:

Sr. Fab said...

cool journal having pictures.